Saturday, August 20, 2005

New Clubs

So I spent this entire week waiting for my new golf clubs.
They were supposed to arrive last week, but there was problems with them getting shipped.
Then they were supposed to arrive Tuesday, but there was no one waiting for the package.
Then I realized that I could just pick them up at the UPS depot, so I called ahead to make sure when they would be there, Wednesday between 7:30 - 9pm.
I get there at 7:30 as I am impatient like that. The truck hasn't arrived, wait till 8:30pm. By 9:30pm I've called for pick-up they've looked around the depot for my package and they finally give up, tell me they have been put on the belt for delivery tomorrow and thus, tough luck.
I get a call the next morning saying my clubs are ready for pickup any time. I think it is too good to be true so wait till about 4:30 pm before I rush too the depot and anxiously await my clubs, my babies, and they finally arrive after some more searching by UPS.
Not being able to wait till the weekend, I skip work on Friday and go play. And the result?
These clubs are butter. Soft and oh so tasty. I don't know how I played with my old sticks.

Very happy all the waiting and anxiety has paid off. BUT, I already chipped my nine iron! I was hitting a shot out of a waste barren and hit a rock. =*( I am so sad =*(
I've managed to smooth it out, but I was real bummed for quite a while.

But I play again on Sunday, so if I play well, that should keep my spirits up till at least next weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home