Mixers
So I went to a singles mixer today.
The deal? My friend invited me to a mixer where each guy must bring another guy, each girl must bring another girl and everyone must be single. So tonight I was the wingman and this was my first time going to something like this.
First impression? there are a lot of attractive, normal people my age who are single.
Second impression after introductions to a few people? Hey! I know you! You are a friend of a friend of a friend. I can't believe how small NYC feels for such a populous place.
I'm not a big fan of people and mingling, but I think my dislike is more for the awkwardness of the situations.
Especially trying to fit into different discussions and not feel like a tool.
Well there were definitely situations where I felt like that tonight.
I also met some guys today where I felt greasier after talking to them.
The girls were nice and I liked some better than others.
Overall, I had fun, met some cool people, and just had a nice wednesday out.
The deal? My friend invited me to a mixer where each guy must bring another guy, each girl must bring another girl and everyone must be single. So tonight I was the wingman and this was my first time going to something like this.
First impression? there are a lot of attractive, normal people my age who are single.
Second impression after introductions to a few people? Hey! I know you! You are a friend of a friend of a friend. I can't believe how small NYC feels for such a populous place.
I'm not a big fan of people and mingling, but I think my dislike is more for the awkwardness of the situations.
Especially trying to fit into different discussions and not feel like a tool.
Well there were definitely situations where I felt like that tonight.
I also met some guys today where I felt greasier after talking to them.
The girls were nice and I liked some better than others.
Overall, I had fun, met some cool people, and just had a nice wednesday out.

3 Comments:
Props to you Mr. Jeffrey, sounds like you had a good time. NYC is a fun city to be single in - live it up!
You see all the same people because all the same people are single in NYC. You'll see all the same faces on online dating sites too.
so did you get any digits? =)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home