Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Christmas

Every year around this time, I realize how shallow and selfish I am.
How do I come to this realization? Presents!
No, not what presents that I want, but what to get others.
This year is no different than every year, I have people to shop for,
but have no idea what to get them. Why? Because I don't really know these people.
Yeah, so it's my pop or my sis or friends that I have known forever. But if I think about it, what do I really know of these people and what they would like? I have categorized them into generalizations. i.e. Pop=Golf, Sis=Expensive, etc. But there are only so many golf clubs I can buy my dad and only so many cameras I can buy my sis.
In year's past, I would never put in the thought necessary to get someone that special gift that when they open it, their eyes go wide, their mouth drops and they are speechless because they can see the gift comes from my heart to theirs. Never happens.
Instead, I go through the motions, pretend to care and end up getting something pretty standard or simply ask them what they want. What is the difference from that and just giving them the cash?
Will this year be different? Doubt it, unless inspiration strikes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Jes -

Very nicely written entry.

But - I WILL TAKE CASH, to spare you the trouble.

- HHW (heartless attorney)

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home