Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Cooking

So these days I cook about once a year.
I go home and make Thanksgiving dinner for the family and friends.
Well, the lack of practice has really caught up with me cause this year I overcooked the turkey.
Not by just a little, but my best estimate is by almost 1 hour! Pretty awful.
But now I know how to make turkey jerky. j/k
Everything else turned out quite good, but was dissapointed in myself about the turkey.

My friends have a themed potluck coming up in a couple weeks and I am a little worried about my cooking prowess or lack there of. So, tomorrow will be a sort of dry run.
I plan on cooking some chicken and sides and if I live through the night, then I'm back in business and ready to get it on!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, This is Jane. Read your Blog already. Actually, I also have a blog page. Of course, it's in Chinese. You may go to read it if you still remember Chinese. :) http://my.poco.cn/myBlogList.htx&userid=4158065

1:42 AM  
Blogger cat & elvin said...

wow, i can't believe you're practicing!

i better sharpen my knives.

3:42 PM  
Blogger C said...

I'm sure we'll be wow'd -- really, it takes little. ;p Remember us watching/hearing you chop vegetables?

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to try some "country cookin'", Paula from Paula's Home Cooking (www.food.com) has some delicious recipes. Hers are often in the top 10. I like the Pumpkin Gooey Butter cake and the Southern cornbread stuffing sounds superyummy too!

Pat

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home